I’ve been trying to sum up my feelings about this book for the past few days, so I’m so excited to share not only my review but give you a chance to WIN your own copy of SACRIFICE by Adriana Locke! She has quickly become one of my favorite authors this year!! Not only does she write incredible stories with amazing (and often yummy) characters, but she’s just a genuinely wonderful human! So enjoy my review, a couple of teasers and when you are done head on over to our FACEBOOK page and comment, like and tag (bc sharing is caring) to win your own copy and prepare to be sCREWed!! Happy reading!! Laters. ~ Amber
My life changed forever the night my husband died.
I was left with a shattered heart, a heap of bills, and our daughter, EVERLEIGH. I don’t want to rely on anyone, least of all CREW GENTRY. He’s my first love and the man who almost destroyed me, the man who has let me down every time I’ve needed him.
But when tragedy strikes a second time, Crew just might be my only hope.
My life changed forever the night my brother died.
I was left with a guilty conscience, a pile of mistakes, and little else. I take care of JULIA GENTRY, my brother’s widow and the love of my life, and their daughter. I know she doesn’t want my help, but she gets it anyway. I owe her that.
When another disaster hits, I’m given the opportunity to make things right. I’m taking it. I’m willing to sacrifice it all.
Rather than go on and on with my review, how about I just list some of the things that touched my soul. The things that had me laughing, crying, gasping and calling out for all things Crew…
1. The Boston phrases and maybe some that were just uniquely Crew and his oh so funny friend, Will. “shut your suck”, “wicked”, “fact as f&ck”
2. Everleigh. She was just the most precious, adorable thing. She loves her Uncle Crew fiercely. She’s his “little monkey” and the way he sneaks her pieces of Laffy Taffy. Her being a “fighter” like Crew and the way they shave their heads together. Gah! This child gave me all the feels!!
3. Julia. Man this is one strong, independent and determined woman. Even when she thinks that she can’t make it, can’t take any more, she does whatever she can to make Everleigh’s world okay. When she finally admits to herself and to Crew that she has always loved him and they come back together? Well that was something special. The reaction she has to finding Gage’s letter and his words to her, the way he knew that she and Crew had never really let go of the other? Tears I tell ya.
4. Will Gentry. Oh. My. Gosh. If there is ever a best friend that is there to support you and give you honesty and comic relief; he’s it. I loved him! (Hopefully Adriana gives us Will & Macie’s story soon!)
5. Crew. Heaven help me he is all that and a case of chips! This man is such a contradiction at times. He comes across as not caring about anything or anyone, but that’s the farthest thing from the truth. He is really a man lost in so many ways. Living with regrets and living on the outside of what he wants deep in his heart. When he brings Everleigh and Julia to live with him, is when he finally starts to realize that this is what’s been missing. These girls are his in every way. He makes so many sacrifices but to him it was always about what others needed. Watching him admit that Julia and Everleigh are what he needs to be whole, well that was just amazing.
Seriously I think I could go on and on. Just know that Kleenex will be needed. Cold showers might be necessary as well. Crew Gentry is a fighter and fighters fight for what they believe in and when that’s true then you gotta have faith that happiness will be found.