I’m beyond excited that this book is live! Happy official release day (it went live on Amazon yesterday)!! I finished my copy late last night and my review is included, but let me just say that YOU need this book! Barrett Landry is everything and Alison Baker is now one of my faves! Happy reading of my review and the excerpt below! Oh and make sure you enter the giveaway! Laters ~Amber
Power, prestige, and plenty of women, the dapper politician’s life is pretty phenomenal. But in the midst of the biggest campaign of his life, he needs to focus. The last thing he can afford is a distraction. ALISON BAKER is a work-in-progress.
As a single mother to HUXLEY, she’s rebuilding life on her terms. She’s focused on family, faith, and a future for her son that can’t be taken away. Putting her child first means not being careless, no matter what.A chance encounter forces Barrett and Alison to redefine what they really want out of life. But everything comes at a cost … and sometimes, even for love, it’s a price too steep to pay.
I’ve made a decision, well I’m pretty sure I already knew this but Adriana Locke cannot write a book I won’t fall in love with! Seriously I didn’t think I could love a character of hers more than Max or Crew, but Barrett Landry? She’s totally upped her game! Throw in Alison Baker, who just became one of my most favorite heroines and you’ve got the start of what I loved about SWAY!
I loved so much about this book that it’s hard to narrow it down, but I’m gonna try. So here goes-
1. It’s a grown up story. Set around the midst of Barrett running for election, it wasn’t an insta-love. They took their time getting to know each other. Some of this was based on crazy schedules, and some due to Alison’s history and her hesitation to get involved with a politician.
2. Crazy good chemistry. Barrett is hot! Let’s be honest. Alison is a real woman. She’s a single mom, working hard and going to school. But she’s missed the feel of being wanted by a man, and these two together are totally hot!
3. Fruit love. Once you read it you’ll understand, but let me just say grapes take on a whole new meaning. #GetGraped
4. Huxley. Alison’s son is ten and totally an awesome kid! Plus he loves baseball! Seriously though the way he handles everything in their life and supports his mom was amazing. Add in the relationship he develops with not only Barrett, but Barrett’s brother Linc and I totally adore this kid!
5. Barrett the romantic. I loved all the ways that he showed Alison how he was feeling and that he wanted to show her how special she was.
6. Alison was so strong despite her legitimate fears. She was thoughtful and supportive of Barrett. Despite her fears she wasn’t shy about telling him the truth. She encouraged him and helped him be grounded. I think it’s one of the reasons Barrett was so drawn to her.
7. The Landry Family. I’m so excited for this series! This family of brothers and sisters, even the parents were so dynamic and strong. Loved them.
I could go on, but just trust me that you need this book in your life!
“I want a chance to win you over,” he breathes, peering at me. The way his eyes search mine make it seem like time stands still. “Will you let me try?”
He forces a swallow and the look of hesitation, the internal fight he’s having, isn’t lost on me. It’s there, right beneath the surface, and when I add my concerns to the mix, it’s enough to make me balk. Just a bit.
“I’ll think about it,” I whisper, holding on to the little strand of courage I have left.
Instead of responding, I ask, “Where’d you get that scar over your right eye?” I reach out and press gently on the raised skin. I expect him to pull back, but he doesn’t.
My hand shakes as I touch his warmed skin. His forehead is silky and smooth. I’d like to run my hands over every inch of it, feel it ripple beneath my fingertips.
The corner of his lips twitch. “Lincoln hit me in the head with a baseball.”
“Bad reflexes on your part?”
“Wicked curveball on his,” he says, his face breaking out into a full smile.
“I thought he played center field?”
“He does. But he pitched some growing up.”
We stand inches apart, my hand gently brushing down the side of his face. Although I feel like he’d stand here all night and talk to me, it’s not possible.
“I really need to get back to work,” I say, trying to unlock my eyes from his.
“Dinner? This week?”
I can barely resist the look in his eye, the one that implores me to say yes. The one that makes me believe he really does want to have dinner and spend a few hours with me.
I need to get away, put some space between us while I can.
“We ran into each other tonight,” I shrug. “If we’re supposed to see each other again, then I guess we will.” I start to turn away before I completely buckle under his gaze.
“How am I supposed to get ahold of you? I don’t have your number,” he calls after me.
Heading up the steps to the Savannah Room, I glance at him over my shoulder. “You’re the Mayor. Figure it out.”
USA Today Bestselling author Adriana Locke lives and breathes books. After years of slightly obsessive relationships with the flawed bad boys created by other authors, Adriana has created her own.
She resides in the Midwest with her husband, sons, and two dogs. She spends a large amount of time playing with her kids, drinking coffee, and cooking. You can find her outside if the weather’s nice and there’s always a piece of candy in her pocket.
For sneak peeks, giveaways, and more, please join Adriana’s Facebook Group, Books by Adriana Locke, or her Goodreads group, All Locked Up.